Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Utah



On my most recent trip to Utah it was freezing!  Our first day there it was 0 degrees at 8:30 in the morning; this explains the picture of people ice fishing on our way to visit my mom.  I was able to sport around in some hand knits though.  

Ice Fishing

  












My mom wasn’t really up to pictures this trip; she’s been having good days and not so good days so adjustments in her care were made.
 
On the flight my son did take this picture of me knitting one of my frequent flyer hats; it’s the MOOSE hat from Bea Ellis Knitwear.  I hooked the Chic-a yarn keeper on the latch of the tray table to knit, it’s a great way to avoid the yarn rolling off your lap onto the floor (yuck) where you’d have to say excuse me to the person next to you as you politely try to retrieve it or worse it rolls three rows back!  I was also able to zip up the hat and pattern in the yarn keeper when I heard the familiar words “Please put your tray and seat in the upright lock position as we prepare for landing”.

I hope everyone’s year has started off well and that projects are flying off your needles and hooks!!

Julie

No comments: